Green Deal Cashback Scheme and Cashback level
The Green Deal Cashback Scheme is a first-come, first-served offer where householders can claim cash back from Government on energy saving improvements made under the Green Deal. The cashback scheme is open to any householder making home improvements under the Green Deal after 28th January 2013. Cashback will always be capped at 50% of householder’s contribution, but can be worth up to and over £1000.
The Government Cashback is a limited offer while funds last. Register your interest or book and assessment here to get an early assessment.
To qualify for the Cashback householders must:
- Have a Green Deal assessment carried out on the property
- Get and agree quotes from a Green Deal Provider (this could be directly with a national brand or through a local tradesperson linked with a Provider)
- Apply for Cashback voucher online or by phone. To make things easier some Providers will be able to apply on behalf of their customers
- Complete works within specified period
How do I get a Green Deal Cashback?
- Householders will need to apply for a voucher which they use to claim the Cashback when work is completed.
- Householders can only make one claim for the Cashback, but it may cover a package of improvements recommended by the Green Deal assessment.
- Customers will receive a cashback payment once Providers have confirmed work has been carried out and the EPC has been updated.
- Householders can also choose to donate some or all of their Cashback to a charity or community interest company of their choice signed up with the scheme administrator.
Cashback level of the Green Deal cashback scheme: